Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Highlights in Winter
Romantic, fun, sport & adventure for the whole family
Sure, Zell am See-Kaprun is a real ski region, but winter does not only consist of skiing and snowboarding. Even away from the Schmittenhöhe and the Kitzsteinhorn there are fun, experiences and romantic corners where couples in love can let the beauty of a quiet winter day work its magic. Let us surprise you!
When Schmidolin, the little dragon from Schmittenhöhe, needs a break, there is plenty for little heroes to discover off-piste. Europe's longest toboggan run is on the Wildkogel. On the hunt for records, you race from the mountain into the valley. How about a torchlight hike or a guided ranger tour including wildlife observation in the Hohe Tauern National Park? You have certainly never come so close to nature!
WINTER HOLIDAY FOR COUPLES
Not everyone is on the road with the whole family, freshly loved couples need peace, romance and quiet hours. This is exactly what you get on a horse sleigh ride through winter nature. Thickly packed in the sleigh, you cuddle up in the heart of wonderful nature. A toboggan run in the moonlight is also romantic and you should get close together. The mulled wine or the hot chocolate afterwards warms you up again!
ICE SKATING AT LAKE ZELL
A special highlight, when the winter is frosty enough and the temperatures sink, the Zeller lake freezes over and turns into a breathtakingly beautiful ice rink. On the ice lake of up to 4.5 km2 you can skate, go for a walk or play a round of ice hockey. The views into the winter nature and to the snow-covered mountains are fantastic and let you forget everything surrounding!
The Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski area, with its altitude of up to 3,000 m above sea level, ensures snow and a long season from autumn to early summer. In high winter, well-known ski areas such as the Schmittenhöhe, the Maiskogel family mountain and the nearby Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn ski circus ensure snow guarantee and unforgettable skiing days!
AND MUCH MORE:
- glacier ski area Kitzsteinhorn: up to 365 days snow guarantee
- skiing on the glacier from late autumn to early summer
- fun, excitement & action for the whole family off the slopes
- toboggan runs incl. the longest toboggan run in Europe at Wildkogel in Bramberg
- Winter Tours in the Hohe Tauern National Park - Wildlife Included
- highlights for couples: horse sleigh rides or tobogganing in the moonlight
- ice skating, ice hockey, curling and walking on the frozen Zeller lake
- cross-country skiing trails, classic or skating, night trails, high-altitude trail on the Kitzsteinhorn
- snowshoe hikes or winter hiking tours through wonderful, winter nature
- relaxation, spa and wellness in the Grüner Baum or Tauern SPA Kaprun
Winter offers a lot in Zell am See-Kaprun!
If you also want to make the whole region Zell am See-Kaprun and the Salzburger Land to your holiday experience, book today your winter holiday in the Hotel Grüner Baum. For more information about your holiday, please do not hesitate to contact us, send us a non-binding enquiry or call us at +43 6542 771.